Wednesday 26 December 2012

She smiles at a wolf!

Umm...where should I start? It's been a real long time, hasn't it? First off, congratulaions to the survivors of the D-day! Ha-Ha to the believers of the mayan myth. Phew! all this time I missed that inspirative spur to author a new post. Anyway, that's a daffy tale again. Hoping up the story to this morning, after I woke up to the usual caterwauling alarm tone of 'linkin park-Until it breaks!'. Marshalling up my bizzare brainwork, I switched on the 'Tiny toast' playlist as I brushed my teeth and did my privy. All fresh, I jaunted out.

Hola, there it was! Good Morning, I call it.

After a crisp chat with my next door neighbor I gave my feet a rest as I surfed web for the morning news and the headlines read a statistical report by RAIN-Rape Abuse & Incest National network:

- 44% of rape victims are under 18 yrs of age

- Every 2 minutes a woman faces some sort of sexual abuse in U.S

- 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail

- 2/3 of the cases involve sexual abuse by someone personally known to the victim


followed by a galaxy of news reports about how woman in different parts of the world got raped, abused,
bitten, bruised, teased, trampled, tortured and yes, it included reports where woman were conflagrated and killed by the testosterone headed men. Just to make it more clear, somewhere in the world a girl just got sexually harassed by the time you finished reading the above stats!

Well, after reading this however the "Good" part in the morning was fizzled out. Why would any man do that to a woman? I contemplated. Is it because the so-called God is cuttingback on the female production? Men are from Mars and women are from Venus, they say. Men must have planned to rover Venus instead. As Shyam kapoor quotes, A girl, of this generation screams at a rat and smiles at a wolf!

This is a far-ranging and ubiquitous point at issue. But the problem here is not 'how can we reduce sexual harrasement against woman?' but instead it is 'how can we create a female friendly environment?' The understanding of the society, I feel, decides the society.

As with every post, this is no idea, this time its something more.

Men of quality respect woman's equality!

No comments:

Post a Comment